Pringle Bay in Overberg, Western Cape, South Africa
Dreams self catering holiday home is situated only 100m - 3 minutes walk - from the beautiful Pringle Bay beach. Click to see a short video of the beach.
This is the perfect place for a relaxing holiday in the Western Cape - the Cape Overberg and Whale Coast! The surroundings are unspoilt and stunningly beautiful with mountains, sandy beach and fynbos. Click to see a short video of the drive.
Pringle Bay Location - 67 km from Cape Town International Airport
Relax, enjoy and discover Pringle Bay and the surrounding area.
Pringle Bay's Beautiful Beach
The water temperature in the sea is usually cool but in the river mouth of Buffel’s River the water keeps a much more pleasant temperature. The shallow water here is the ideal place for younger and older children to swim, play and splash. The rive mouth is only a short walk away from Dreams.
Surfers and body borders come to the bay when conditions suit. Snorkeling is possible around the many rock pools and crevices at the far sides of the beach, as is fishing. Towards the north one can a clear day see the
Pringle Bay Town
The indigenous fynbos is everywhere to enjoy: in the gardens, along the roads, on the sand dunes, on the mountains and in the nature reserves where several hiking trails are available.
Pringle Bay History
Things to do / Activities in Pringle Bay
- Swim, snorkel, surf
- Stroll along the beach, collect seashells, tan
- Build sand castle, paddle, splash and explore tidal pools
- Go fishing, angling or dive for crayfish (seasonal)
- Go hiking, climbing, diving or mountain biking
- Visit the local gym or relax with a massage (discounts given to guests staying at Dreams)
- Watch birds, baboons and whales (Whale watching mostly June-November)
- Engage in photography, sketching and painting
- Enjoy unspoilt and unique fynbos nature
- Dine at one of the many restaurants
- Watch sunsets over the sea
Some businesses in Pringle Bay and other towns offer special discounts to guests staying at Dreams. To learn more about these specials click here.