Activities in Cape Town
Cape Town International Airport is situated 67km (less than one hours drive) from Pringle Bay and the Stadium 86 km. You can visit the hustle and bustle of Cape Town's city life and tourism high lights on day trips. In Cape Town and the Cape Peninsula you can:
Shop until you drop at Waterfront,
or one of the many other shopping malls or visit the Green Point Sunday Market. Century City
Drive along the coast via Simonstown and
’s penguins to Cape Point and from there drive in to the city with the beautiful Chapman’s Peak marine drive. Boulders Beach
- You can take a boat trip from Waterfront on a big variety of boats (sailing boats, speed boats, catamarans etc).
You can take a guided tour to
Robben Islandor view the from a helicopter. Cape Peninsula
- You can take a hike up Signal Hill or drive up Lions Head to view the sunset.
Take the cable car up
Table Mountainto see from above. Cape Town
You can stroll in the magnificent
, eat lunch or have pick-nick at one of the Sunset Concerts. For the fit a hike up Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden can take its start here (first find out about safety precautions and map). Table Mountain
Go for a walk in the city centre discovering the Parliaments and Gardens,
Green Market Square, the Castle and planetarium. Or discover on one of the topless busses. Cape Town
- Visit Bo-Kaap and District Six on your own or with a tour guide.
- Watch sharks, fish and penguins close up on the Two Ocean Aquarium where they also have touch displays and a play room with activities for children.
Visit Bird’s Paradise or one of the many museums (South African National Gallery, South African Cultural History Museum,
South African Museum, Mayibuye Centre, Toy Museum, Marine Museums, ). District Six Museum
- Enjoy concerts, ballets, operas and theatres at one of the several theatres.
- Do an organized township or gospel tour in the townships.
- Try paragliding, skydiving, kite surfing, board surfing, mountain biking, abseiling, kloofing, hiking, vine tasting or bravely dive with sharks.
- Take the kids to Ratanga Junction (amusement park) for a day full of action for young at age and young at heart.
- Visit the casino for gambling, ice skating or supper at one of the restaurants.