Activities in Surrounding Towns
Pringle Bay is the perfect place for a relaxing holiday or weekend getaway. If you come for a longer stay you might want to explore some more of what the Cape Overberg and Western Cape have to offer. There are plenty of wonderful activities for all ages that are suitable for half and full day outings. Discover on your own what this area have to offer - get some ideas from reading the articles following the links under each town. Or join a tour offered by one of the tour companies.
Several exciting adventures such as Adventure Race, Sandboarding, Rock-climbing, Abseiling, Black Water Tubing, Mountain Top Cruise, Natural Photography and Diving are available.
Places to visit in Betty's Bay
Betty’s Bay is 11 km (5-10 minutes) drive from
Stony Pointland based penguin colony.
- Find several beaches, do fishing or eat at one of the restaurants.
- Participate in one of many activities for an example sandboarding. Boards can be rented in Betty's Bay and a nominal fee is asked to enter the dunes against the mountain.
Things to do and to see in Kleinmond
Kleinmond is 22 km (about 20 minutes) drive from
Find the Hangklip-Kleinmond Tourism Bureau where you can access information about the Overberg and
area and rent a bike. Whale Coast
- Pamper yourself at the Arabella spa.
- Visit one of the beaches, go fishing or enjoy a meal in one of the restaurants.
- View the Wild Horses
- Engage in paragliding, canoeing, abseiling, tubing, white water rafting or an exciting and scenic quad bike tour.
Visit the Abalone and
. Toy Museum
- Visit the Harbour Market.
Activities in Hermanus
Hermanus is 56 km (about 35 minutes) drive from
- Watch whales (June-November) either from land or from boat.
- Watch White Shark from boat or cage dive.
- Play golf on Hermanus golf club.
- Go diving
- Embark on a kayak adventure.
- Visit one of the beaches, go fishing, eat at one of the many restaurants or visit a market.
Rooiels is about 5 minutes drive from Pringle Bay and there you can:
- Find a small beach and a restaurant.
Gordon's Bay is about 25 minutes drive from Pringle Bay and there you can:
- Visit the beach, gift shops, international second hand bookshop and restaurants.
What to do in Strand
Strand is about 30 minutes drive from Pringle Bay and there you can:
- Visit the beach, go fishing or eat at one of the restaurants.
- Play a round of golf at Strand golf club.
Visit Monkey (see and learn about the many kinds of primates) or Kidz zoo (indoor play place). Town
Activities in Somerset West
Somerset West is about 30 minutes drive from Pringle Bay and there you can:
- Play golf at Erinvale Golf Club.
Shop until you drop at Somerset Mall, one of the largest shopping malls in the
- Visit Jimmis Jungles (indoor play place)
- Visit one of the vine farms or restaurants
- Visit Helderberg Nature Reserve
What to do in Stellenbosch
Stellenbosch is 60km (about 50-60 minutes) drive from Pringle Bay. In Stellenbosch and vicinity you can:
Go for a walk in the beautiful and historical town of
, visit the botanical garden, Oom Samie se Winkel, the unique village museum, one of the many gift shops or galleries. Stellenbosch
- Do brandy or cheese tasting or visit one of the numerous vine farms for wine tasting.
- Play golf at Stellenbosch or De Zalze Golf Clubs.
- Treat yourself to a meal at one of the many restaurants or visit the Moyo for an African experience.
- Do horse riding, quad biking, paint ball or a tour in a hot air balloon.
Visit the Cheetah Outreach project and watch the world’s fastest animal up close either from “the other side” of the fence or from the inside with the option of touching a living cheetah. Or visit the Tygerberg Zoo,
, Giraffe House or a Crocodile Farm. Lion Park
- Visit the Butterfly World where you can walk in the tropical set up surrounded by free flying exotic butterflies, monkeys, duikers, birds and reptiles – an amazing experience both for young and old.
Activities in Cape Town
Cape Town International Airport is situated 67km (less than one hours drive) from Pringle Bay and the Stadium 86 km. You can visit the hustle and bustle of Cape Town's city life and tourism high lights on day trips. In Cape Town and the Cape Peninsula you can:
Shop until you drop at Waterfront,
or one of the many other shopping malls or visit the Green Point Sunday Market. Century City
Drive along the coast via Simonstown and
’s penguins to Cape Point and from there drive in to the city with the beautiful Chapman’s Peak marine drive. Boulders Beach
- You can take a boat trip from Waterfront on a big variety of boats (sailing boats, speed boats, catamarans etc).
You can take a guided tour to
Robben Islandor view the from a helicopter. Cape Peninsula
- You can take a hike up Signal Hill or drive up Lions Head to view the sunset.
Take the cable car up
Table Mountainto see from above. Cape Town
You can stroll in the magnificent
, eat lunch or have pick-nick at one of the Sunset Concerts. For the fit a hike up Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden can take its start here (first find out about safety precautions and map). Table Mountain
Go for a walk in the city centre discovering the Parliaments and Gardens,
Green Market Square, the Castle and planetarium. Or discover on one of the topless busses. Cape Town
- Visit Bo-Kaap and District Six on your own or with a tour guide.
- Watch sharks, fish and penguins close up on the Two Ocean Aquarium where they also have touch displays and a play room with activities for children.
Visit Bird’s Paradise or one of the many museums (South African National Gallery, South African Cultural History Museum,
South African Museum, Mayibuye Centre, Toy Museum, Marine Museums, ). District Six Museum
- Enjoy concerts, ballets, operas and theatres at one of the several theatres.
- Do an organized township or gospel tour in the townships.
- Try paragliding, skydiving, kite surfing, board surfing, mountain biking, abseiling, kloofing, hiking, vine tasting or bravely dive with sharks.
- Take the kids to Ratanga Junction (amusement park) for a day full of action for young at age and young at heart.
- Visit the casino for gambling, ice skating or supper at one of the restaurants.
What to see on Garden Route
If you wish to explore the
Visit the fabulous Cango Caves
- Enjoy hot springs
- Experience semi-desert
- Take a historic train ride on a steam train
- Try riding an ostrich
- Discover the wild side of South Africa bungy jumping, canopy touring or viewing wild animals in Addo Elephant Park or one of the many private game reserves. Just to mention a few...
- Accommodation offered along the Garden Route
South Africa is well known for the fantastic Kruger National Park. This is one of the largest National Parks in Africa covering over 19 000 square kilometres! The Park stretches about 65 x 360 kilometres...
In the park you will be able to spot all the big fives together with a large variety of other less known but not less fantastic animals and birds.
Accommodation offered close to Kruger Park.